RISK DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
Giottus provides an execution-only service and does not advise on the merits of any particular transactions or their tax consequences. A considerable loss may be sustained/incurred while trading in Cryptocurrencies. This risk disclosure statement cannot and does not disclose all risks and other aspects involved in holding or trading transactions in Cryptocurrencies. Hence you are advised to determine your financial circumstances and risk tolerance before trading and carefully consider the following risks:
1. Trading Tokens can be extremely risky. Each particular Token has a unique feature set that makes it more or less likely to fluctuate in value. In addition, factors beyond Giottus\92s control may affect market liquidity for a particular Token, such as regulatory activity, market manipulation, or unexplainable price volatility. Blockchain networks may go offline as a result of bugs, hard forks, or a number of other unforeseeable reasons. Giottus does not assume the risk of losses due to trading or due to factors beyond its control regarding the viability of specific blockchain networks. As a general matter, we advise Users with limited trading experience and low risk tolerance not to engage in active trading. Speculating on the value of Tokens is high risk and Users should never trade more than they can afford to lose.
2. Understanding Tokens requires advanced technical knowledge. Tokens are often described in exceedingly technical language that requires a comprehensive understanding of applied cryptography and computer science in order to appreciate inherent risks. Listing of a Token on Giottus does not indicate approval or disapproval of the underlying technology regarding any Token, and should not be used as a substitute for your own understanding of the risks specific to each Token. We give you no warranty as to the suitability of the Tokens traded under these Terms and assume no fiduciary duty in our relations with you.
3. You accept the risk of trading Tokens. In entering into any transaction on the Platform, you represent that you have been, are, and will be solely responsible for making your own independent appraisal and investigations into the risks of the transaction and the underlying Tokens. You represent that you have sufficient knowledge, market sophistication, professional advice and experience to make your own evaluation of the merits and risks of any transaction or any underlying Token.
4. The legal status of Cryptocurrencies may be uncertain. This can mean that the legality of holding or trading them is not always clear. Whether and how one or more Cryptocurrencies constitute property, or assets, or rights of any kind may also seem unclear. Participants are responsible for knowing and understanding how Cryptocurrencies will be addressed, regulated, and taxed under applicable law.
5. You are aware of and accept the risk of operational challenges. Giottus may experience sophisticated cyberattacks, unexpected surges in activity, or other operational or technical difficulties that may cause interruptions in the Service. You understand that the Service may experience operational issues that lead to delays on our platform. You agree to accept the risk of transaction failure resulting from unanticipated or heightened technical difficulties, including those resulting from sophisticated attacks. You agree not to hold Giottus accountable for any related losses.
6. Giottus does not advise on trading risk. If at any point Giottus or its representatives do provide trading recommendations, market commentary, or any other information, the act of doing so is incidental to your relationship with us and imposes no obligation of truth or due diligence on behalf of Giottus or its representatives.
7. Giottus is a regulated entity and must comply with applicable law. Applicable law, regulation, and executive orders may require Giottus to, upon request by government agencies, freeze withdrawals or trading (or both), or provide information regarding your account. Further, our recordkeeping and customer verification procedures are subject to change at any time as required by law or industry practices. We must comply with the law and you accept any inconveniences to you or other consequences resulting from our compliance.
8. There are risks associated with utilizing an Internet-based trading system including, but not limited to, the failure of hardware, software, and Internet connections. You agree that we shall not be responsible for any communication failures, disruptions, errors, distortions, or delays you may experience when trading via the Services, however caused.
You acknowledge that the aforementioned is an in exhaustive statement of risks associated with the trade of Cryptocurrencies and that there may be additional risks not listed or foreseen by the Company.